Wednesday, April 18, 2007

help! the computer has taken over

Have any of you noticed that the computer has taken over your free time? (not that I have that much free time anymore) Blogging, Internet searches, myspace, emailing, and uploading pictures keep me constantly seated at my computer. All of this leads me to this thought....

Since Zoe has been born I have not been in the Word like I should. Each night I go to sleep thinking, "oh man, another day without reading my Bible." I get so frustrated with myself b/c I can always make time to send photos of my zoe girl to friends or blog about my day... but I can't remember to make time to read the Bible. What a terrible example I am already setting for my daughter!
My sister in law encouraged me to read Proverbs. This verse keeps playing over and over in my mind. Proverbs 17:1

"Better a dry crust with peace and quiet than a house full of feasting with strife."

This is SO TRUE! It reminded me of how much I love my home life. I love my husband. I love my new baby. I love the way our little family works. I can't imagine living with daily strife in our home. I would really lose it! Matt provides me with a life that is peaceful.

Feel free to share a verse that has touched you this week.... I know that I can use any encouraging message from the Word. (I'm sure others can too!)

I challenge you to read the Bible today. I am challenging myself each day too!

Happy Bible Reading!


Okay, you know that I couldn't resist putting a picture of my sweet Zoe on here!

I just love her so MUCH!! She just started cooing and doing this laugh that is too cute! I am so thankful for her happy times of the day.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The verse that seems to be running through my mind lately is John 20:29 and it says, "Because you have seen Me(talking to doubting Thomas), have you believed? Blessed are they who did not see, and yet believed." It a constant reminder that even though I will never see Jesus Christ on this Earth; it doesn't make him any less real! We have to spend time studying and learning about our POWERFUL CREATOR! Thank you Valerie for encouraging us to get more in the WORD...I know I always need the reminder!

And to Zoe ;0)! She is PRECIOUS...I just want to eat her up! And is that one of the onesies I bought her???? LOVE IT and LOVE YOU!

Beth said...

I am not good at reading every day- in fact sometimes I hit a real dry spell. One thing I did was sign up for an e-mail that sends a passage from the Bible to you every day. That makes me make sure I read at least something! But, the one I was getting recently stopped sending them and changed their format - anyone know of another site that sends them?

Anonymous said...

I really love reading your blog. I completely agree with what you said about the computer taking up all free time. I am an email addict...and I LOVE to crop and fix pictures of my girls and add them to my website...and recently I joined myspace, trying to find info on a 10-year high school reunion. I definitely don't take the time I should for quiet time in the Bible. One thing that does help is my Sunday School class is working through a book of very short studies and it helps give me a guide to work on each night on my own. I certainly don't keep up like I should--but for me, the best time to get in the Word is about 30 minutes before bedtime. Sometimes that means I'm not spending time with my husband--it's always a challenge to balance everything!