Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Here's the latest scoop...

it seems as though we've found the culprit.......

we took zoe back to dr. patti's office today. when we got there her temperature was 103! that's hot!! we stripped her clothes off, gave her tylenol and attempted to give her some pedialite, which she hated. then dr. patti came in and began to check her over. she checked her ears again (much to zoe's dismay-she screamed her head off) and noticed something different this time.... redness! YIKES! so we think she has her first ear infection. dr. patti also had zoe get some bloodwork, just to be sure everything else was okay. her bloodwork came back okay. the bloodwork was terrible (for me and zoe). they had to take it out of her arm... you know those rubberband things they use on adults? they had to use it on her too :o( it was so sad.
i appreciate everyone's prayers and ask that you continue to pray for healing. we're ready for her to feel better!! and i'm sure zoe is ready to get back to her happy self very soon!!

thanks everyone!!

6 comments:

mommy of girls said...

Val...sorry to hear that Zoe has been sick. I've been out of the loop. Me and the girls left for my parents house Monday morning and I haven't been reading people's blogs much, until now. Sorry she has been feeling so yucky. I hope she feels better soon. I will be back Friday and will call and check on her then. Love you all and give Miss Zoe kisses for us. Those ole yucky ear infections can be bad news!

About Me said...

So sorry Zoe Kate is sick. I remember those yucky ear infections. It's really crummy. I think it hurts the mommies just as much if not worse than the little ones. The ggod news is that they eventually outgrow most of them. And, when she gets a little bigger, she can pull at her ears to give you a little more early warning before it gets too rough! Hope she's feeling better really soon. Go, antibiotics, go!

Terri said...

I am so sorry to hear that she has an ear infection. They are not fun at all. I will continue to pray for Miss Zoe and mommy and daddy too.

Emma's Mommy said...

Yuck!!! Ear infections are no fun. But at least now you do know why she has been feeling so bad and with the antibiotics she WILL get better soon and be back to her usual happy self. We will continue to pray for you. I know how hard it is on Mommy to have a sick baby!

Deaton, party of 5 said...

Ear infections are seriously the WORST! It's upsetting when your little one is in so much pain, and there's not much you can do about it. Hope things are settling down and the meds. are helping. Talk to you soon friend!

Julie said...

I hope Zoe is feeling better every day! I really dread the first time Addison gets sick...I know it will happen as much as I don't want it to!