Thursday, November 22, 2007

I am Thankful

What a day! Thanksgiving is always such a busy holiday for us. Today, we left Bowling Green and headed to our first turkey meal in Gallatin at my dad's house. Next, we traveled a bit more south to my grandmother's house for a second turkey feast. Finally, we drove back to Bowling Green to Matt's parent's house to visit with his extended family for our third meal. Whew! Three Thanksgivings all in one day--we are blessed.

Today, I have been reflecting on the things for which I am thankful....for my husband, for my daughter, for my mother, my father, my brother and his family, for my in-laws, for my sister-in-laws, for all of our extended family, for my health, for the health of my daughter and husband, for my friends, for my church family, for food on the table, for a heated home, for memories, for love and mostly for Jesus. Thank you God for the things that You have blessed me with. I pray that I will reflect more often on the things for which I am thankful.

As I was typing this blog entry, I noticed that Matt and Zoe were awfully quiet. I went in to take a peek and found this....... Isn't it sweet? I had been trying earlier to get Zoe down for bed and she just couldn't get to sleep. I guess she just wanted her daddy.

1 comment:

Lydia & Riley Jane's Mom said...

And we are thankful for you!
Much love to the Jones' Family this thanksgiving!