Today our baby turned 9 months old. I can't believe it!!! With each month that passes, I am in shock at all of the new things she can do. I thought I'd share 9 fun Zoe facts with you.
1. Zoe learned to take a few steps before she ever crawled forward. Now she can pretty much get anywhere she wants to go whether it be crawling or "cruising" the couch. "Wants" is the operative word because she doesn't really crawl around much. She's pretty stationary :o)
2. Zoe has just started protesting nap time..... which is bad for mommy! She used to be such a great napper in her crib. Now, when she doesn't want to go to sleep she just stands up and plays in her crib.
3. Zoe is a mommy's girl. Maybe once she stops nursing, she will become a daddy's girl?
4. Zoe likes to put pretty much EVERYTHING in her mouth these days. She can find the smallest piece of lint, dirt, anything and pick it right up with her pincer grasp. Needless to say, I have to run my sweeper A LOT!
5. Zoe can say lots of words for a 9 month old.... Dada, daddy, bye-bye, hi, hey, bath, baby, and her favorite--bite (when I'm feeding her baby food to her she says this a lot).... all of those words and NOT MOMMY! Maybe one day? She copies every sound we make. It is pretty funny!
6. Some of Zoe's favorite toys include empty water bottles, Tupperware bowls and lids, rubber bath duckies and her Leapfrog toy drum.
7. Bath time is probably Zoe's favorite time of the day. She squeals so loudly that my ears really need plugs! Her squeal is very very very high pitched!
8. Zoe is still wearing most of the clothes from when she was born. I am just now able to put things away that she has grown out of. I'd say that size 3-6 month clothing fits her best. Maybe by the end of winter we'll be able to buy her some 6-9 month outfits. This is sure saving us money and she is getting a lot of use from her clothes. She weighed in today at a whopping 14 pounds and 7 ounces. She is 25 3/4 inch long (which was the exact same measurement I was at 9 months--only 5 pounds heavier:o).
9. Zoe has a very big smile! She loves to show it off to anyone who will pay attention to her. In fact, she has now started trying to get the attention of others by squealing. She initiates and plays peek-a-boo, claps her hands, and mimics facial expressions while playing with others.
10. Oops... one fact to grow on.... My absolute favorite thing that she does now is give kisses. She's done it for a while just on her own, but now she does it on command. I can ask her for kisses and she opens her slobbery mouth wide open! LOVE IT!
We love our Zoe Kate. I'm thankful that she has so many people in her life that love her too.
6 comments:
She's so sweet. Happy 9 months, Zoe!
Don't bet on her being less of a mommy's girl after nursing. (Shhh. Don't tell Matt or Gilbert I said this, but YAY!)
Miss you both.
Happy Nine Months, Zoe Kate! You're about the age Megan was when we found out she would have a baby brother!
Happy 9 months, Zoe! We love you!
Happy 9 months Zoe Kate! Tell Daddy to start helping you practice saying Mama and then you can tell her that on Christmas. Trust me girl - it will be the best Christmas gift you could give her!
Happy 9 months, Zoe!
Post a Comment