Wednesday, February 6, 2008

11 Months Old




Zoe is only one month away from celebrating her first year of life. It has FLOWN right past us. Oh, how much excitement she has brought to our lives! Here are a few things that Zoe has learned over the past month:
  • Zoe can now walk anywhere she wants to go. She can't stand up on her own, but she races by crawling to pull herself up and take off on her two feet.

  • Zoe's vocabulary is really growing. She can say over 10 words!

  • Finally, Zoe's birthweight has doubled...... I think that is supposed to happen around 6 months? She's over 16 pounds!! HOORAY!

  • Zoe has cut two top teeth. They are about 1/4 of the way in.

  • Zoe can "give love" when asked. Which means a hug and sometimes a kiss and an "awww" sound. It is SO SWEET!

  • Zoe can find several different objects when asked. She has found her paci, baby, snack and book all on her own.

  • Zoe drinks well from a sippy cup. She drinks water from them mainly, but enjoys an occasional water sippy spiked with juice.

  • Zoe has started eating some table foods and will try pretty much anything! She's had chicken, salad, pizza, ice cream, french fries and ... .... well, I'm sure other things that I just can't think of right now.

Zoe is really a happy happy baby! She is so much fun. I just love it that she is beginning to talk and communicate with us. We are having such a great time playing with her, loving her and dreaming with her!

P.S. I had to share this picture below. Remember the story of Hansel and Gretel? Well this is the Zoe Kate version. She just drops pacis to find her way home. I thought this was so funny!


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a sweetie pie!! She is so lucky to have such great parents that love her so much. Maybe she has her Mimi's sense of direction and has figured out early that she needs help finding her way around!

Mimi

Deaton, party of 5 said...

Zoe is precious. I love all your blogs about her daily activities! I'm sure Miles would enjoy playing with her--hopefully, it will warm up soon and we can schedule some park playdates. We need to try Panera again on Fridays????

Lydia & Riley Jane's Mom said...

I love these pictures. She is so animated and what a sweetie playing so well with things around the house.

Blessed said...

Can you believe it is flying by so quickly? I am amazed at Zoe! She' so cute and and smart! :)

If I am in town soon, I'd love Panera on a Friday with yall and whoever! :) I might be soon, I'll let you know.

Julie said...

Wow, I can't believe she's already 11 months old. It just goes back too quickly. She's such a cutie pie!

mommy of girls said...

She's a sweet girlie...love the paci pictures. Only one more month until the big ONE...isn't is amazing how time passes with a baby?

About Me said...

When she is in kindergarten and you're moving some piece of furniture, you'll find a forgotten paci. This, of course, will send you straight down memory lane and you'll cry. You'll smell it to see if it still has any baby scent. You'll squeeze the nipple to see if it still makes that sound. Okay....enough. Now I want to cry.

Terri said...

Happy 11 months. I love the paci pic. How funny!