Many of you have been praying for Miss Zoe to get better and it's working! She is better. I thought I'd tell the whole story for you (and for my blog book). Warning: the words "Throw up" and "Vomit" will be used A LOT! Here it goes:
It all started Thursday morning. Zoe woke up around 8:00 and I then fed her. I had to deliver some paperwork, so we hopped in the car and drove to Graves Gilbert. While en route, Zoe starts throwing up like crazy!! We went home quickly. I got her out of the car, cleaned her up, checked her for fever and bathed her. She seemed okay. No fever or anything. Then it got to be around 10:00 and round two of the vomit hit. I won't go into all of the details and number of throwing up, but I will say that she threw up every hour until 7:15 that night. Whew. I totally think I earned a 'Mommy Merit Badge' that day. I did better with throw up than I thought I would. It got to be 10:45ish and I heard Zoe on her monitor throwing up again. "NOT again!" I screamed to myself. Sadly, she continued being sick all night long... about every 2.5 to 3 hours.
It was a long night. Did I mention Matt was on shift and I was home alone?
Friday morning rolled around and Matt got in a little after 7:00. The vomiting started again 45 mintues later. Thankfully, Zoe already had a drs appt at 9:15. We went to the appt and I told Dr. Patti that Zoe had not had a wet diaper all night, was still throwing up occasionally and was lethargic. Zoe had also lost about one pound. She told me that if she didn't wet her diaper and keep some liquids down that we would have to admit her.
Friday night we wound up having to admit her in the hospital. Zoe was not herself. She wouldn't walk, sit up, hold her head up or even babble. She was lifeless. Our baby was sick! The nurses allowed only one parent in the "Examination room" with Zoe. Matt went with her. (I do the vomit, he does the needles and blood). The nurses later explained that her veins were semi-flat, which means that she was getting close to being dehydrated. The IV was placed in her right hand. Poor little thing. Even with IV fluids only, Zoe still continued to be sick. We went through lots of baby hospital gowns and sheets!
By Saturday afternoon, Zoe was beginning to feel better. With a few visits from family and friends, she was smiling. We were even able to take her on a wagon ride around the floor. She really enjoyed that! Sadly, she pooped out quickly. We got her back in the room, where she stayed until Sunday morning. Zoe did occasionally throw up Saturday and Sunday, but as of this moment, she's been 12 hours with no vomiting!
This morning she weighed in at 16 lbs and 10 oz, whereas Friday night she came in at 15 lbs and 4.6oz--MAJOR improvement. We are just keeping our fingers crossed that she will continue to improve. Thanks for your prayers!
I only made a few pictures. I just couldn't stand the thought of capturing the way she looked on Thursday or Friday. The pics are all from Saturday and Sunday.
Please put Zoe on your prayer list and pray for healing! (also pray for Martha Ellen, she's got Zoe's bug).
Pictured below is what the hospital cafeteria brought Zoe for lunch..... pork chops? The ticket said patient tray/BLAND. We busted out with laughter!
11 comments:
I'm so glad that little Zoe is feeling better. It is so sad when they are so little and so sick. Hopefully she will be back to her cute little self very soon!
I just heard yesterday that your little Zoe was sick! I have been praying for her and her Mommy and Daddy!
Bless your heart! It's sure no fun having a little one in the hospital! I hope she continues to get better and you all are able to get some rest.
I'm so sorry Zoe has been sick. I just heard about it yesterday. I'm glad she's feeling better now. Hang in there, Mom!
I am so glad that Zoe is home!
We are praying for lots of R/R for her! we can't wait to have one of our play buddies back!
I have been out of town over the weekend and just heard about Zoe. I am so glad that she is doing better. Let me now if you need anything.
I didn't know she had been sick. I'm so sorry. I know that had to be hard. I cried when Ian had tubes put in his ears and that only took 10 minutes. I hope she's better and you are too. Stay strong. I know you will:)
Yea, Zoe is home and on the road to recovery. We are sooo ready to play and have some fun. Get well fast!
I received Tonya's email, but I thought it was an in and out kind of thing. So, sorry, I had no idea that she was admitted. I hope you all are resting and relaxing. I will continue to pray for Miss Zoe.
I had no idea either till I read your blog! I am so so sorry that she was/is sick and I am so sorry that you had to go through all of that. I am dreading the first throw up day! Eeewww...
Hang in there! :)
So sorry Ms. Zoe is so sick. We love you all...hang in there. God is the Great Physician and He will heal your sweet Zoe.
Post a Comment