Matt turned 36 on April 28th and I will turn 29 on May 7th. So, I guess I could technically say that I'm barely in my 20's, right?
I do love birthdays. Not necessarily just my own birthday, but everybody's birthday. Our bulletin at church lists the birthdays for the month and I like reading those. We used to celebrate church family members birthdays on Wednesday nights... I'm not sure what happened with that, but it was fun while it lasted!
I love that Matt's mom always makes a big deal with birthday parties. She buys party different party favors each year. Last year we had those big blow up balloons that are attached to strings and this year we had those paddles with littel bouncy balls attached to it. What fun! She also puts a bright colored kazoo out for everyone and this year we even had recorders (remember those from like 5th grade?) It's fun celebrating birthdays Jones family style!
I also love celebrating birthdays with my family. No matter what's going in each of our crazy lives, we always find a day and time that we can all get together to eat and celebrate. It's a little harder getting together with my family because of our different locations, but we always do. My mom always has a "birthday miracle" for me.... which I always always love. Thanks mom!
Since our birthdays are so close together, we always get to share a party and I like that! Who better to share a party with than my great hubby?!
So be sure to give a big birthday shout out to anyone you know that has an upcoming birthday! It will make them feel great to be reminded that you care about celebrating the day they were born!!!
9 comments:
Happy birthday to TWO of the best people I know =). Best wishes today and always!
Happy birthday to you both. I am glad you guys find so many special things about your birthdays and enjoy the parties. I wish it were that way for our family...we get together at least once a month for someones birthday celebration...and unfortunately sometimes it becomes tedious. I wish it weren't...they should be special occasions, maybe if we only had a couple a year that might make them a little more "special". But I am thankful we have so much family so close, since I didn't grow up in a big family at all...change of pace.
Anyway...hope you had a fab day and a wonderful weekend!!!
Happy birthday to you both! I love family traditions, especially birthday ones...glad you are enjoying lots of them!
Happy early Birthday!!! Can you believe we're 29???
Yay for parties! LOVE them! :-)Happy Birthday to you both!
Happy Belated Birthday to Matt. I still can't believe he is 36. Sure doesn't look like it. I guess I could still say that I am barely in my 20's too. Ha Ha!! Time flies when your having fun. We need to get together again soon. We can have an American Idol Finale party.
Happy birthday to you both! Hope you both have great days.
Happy birthday, Jones'! (sorry I'm a little late with Matt's) How great is Martha Ellen? She is too fun! Hope you enjoy all your birthday celebrations!
Post a Comment