Next, the best part of the story, SHE FELL ASLEEP ALL BY HERSELF tonight in her bed. I LOVED the advice I got from everyone. I just read them all and made a plan that fit us. Here's what I did:
1. Rocked her in the den, while watching an episode of Barney.
2. Took her in her room to pick out 2 books to read. Read them to her.
3. Told her one Bible story (she LOVES Noah's Ark the best)
4. Prayed
5. Rocked her for about 20ish minutes
6. Reminded her quietly about how she got to eat cookies after her nap
7. Put her in her bed and told her I'd see my big girl in the morning
Okay... it's been 50 minutes since I put her down and not ONE single PEEP! YAY!
Thanks everyone for your thoughts and prayers!! Maybe it's not going to be so bad going to a big bed?
Oh, and please please please pray for a dear sweet friend of mine. She's had her world turned upside-down and needs the comfort of our God.
Here is ZK's new bedroom.... stage one!

5 comments:
Sounds like you're headed in the right direction!
How adorable--I just read your post below--those transitions (especially unexpected ones) can be really tough. Stick with it though and she will really enjoy her big girl bed. It usually takes a couple times to adjust though--hope you get so much needed zzzz's soon.
Glad it's working better for you all. I would have been glad to offer advice, but I have none! I even racked my brain for you and came up with nothing. Sorry for your stress, but glad that I'm not the only one who has mommy-moments like this! I've decided--and I'm sure the same is probably true for you--that Cole completes so many milestones so easily that when we come across one that's more challenging, it throws me for a loop! Zoe's such a good girl. Love you!
well I won't begin on the trials we have had with our transitioning-a little too soon...but Zoe looks too cute in her bed and I know she feels like a big girl and loves it! Can't wait to let Lydia see it. oh and love the sheets-cute!
well I won't begin on the trials we have had with our transitioning-a little too soon...but Zoe looks too cute in her bed and I know she feels like a big girl and loves it! Can't wait to let Lydia see it. oh and love the sheets-cute!
Post a Comment