Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Officially Counting DOWN to Little Brother!

Yes, you read that right! As of today, I'm 30 weeks along in the pregnancy. Overall, I've been feeling pretty good. A couple of weeks ago I failed the first glucose test, which was a total bummer because that meant I had to do it again! The second, 3 hour, special diet and fasting test was very hard on my body! It took me a few days to get back to feeling normal. Thankfully, I passed and now I only have to watch my sugars and carbs during each meal-which is doable!

So far, I only have swollen ankles at night or when I've been standing or sitting for long periods of time (which doesn't happen often). If any of you remember how my feet looked with Zoe, they are much better with the pregnancy! The swelling in my face is just a constant for me now.

Little Brother is moving around lots and lots these days. Sometimes I think he's just going to jump right out of my belly! I think he is already beginning to run out of room. I remember thinking, when I was pregnant with Zoe, that I just couldn't imagine my belly getting any bigger..... but, it does. And, I know it will again this time! Which really.... isn't that part of pregnancy amazing!!! God sure is smart!

I guess the biggest news now is that there are ONLY 10 weeks left until our due date!!! What's even scarier than 10 weeks remaining? It's that we actually only have 9 weeks before Little Brother will be born. He's going to be delivered about a week early since I'm having a c-section. YIKES! 9 weeks!!!

We're getting closer and closer to finishing up the nursery, choosing a name and just getting ourselves mentally ready for his arrival. I can't wait to hold our sweet "Little Brother" (as Zoe now refers to him as. Which is WAY better than "Sister," which is what she used to call him.)

Please continue to lift this baby and pregnancy in prayer!

Well, without any further adieu..... here's my 30 week picture!
(and yes, it's very crooked because I had to balance the camera on top of the bassinet and this was the best one I got).

5 comments:

Blessed said...

Looking good, mama! It seems like yesterday you told me you were pregnant. It sure has flown by! Well, for me at least! ha! Keep us updated! Love ya!

Tonya said...

Looking marvelous!! I can't wait to see that sweet little boy in 9 WEEKS!!

A Joyful Mom said...

You look great! Hope everything continues to go well for you!

kylah's mommy said...

You look great and I know how excited you all are!! We can't wait to meet your "little brother" (and ours)!! :o)

Ruth Hudson said...

What an absolute doll that Zoe is - and quite the performer! Loved the" Home on the Range ". It was undoubtedly the best version I've ever heard! Little brother has some big "little" shoes to fill. You are looking good little mama!