Matt and I took Luke to visit the surgeon at Vanderbilt this morning. The doctor confirmed that Luke does need the surgery to repair the hernia. Thankfully, the umbilical hernia is very small and requires no surgery. The inguinal hernia, on the right side, does need surgical attention soon. We are so blessed to have had so many friends and family members praying for Luke!
Today, Matt and I were able see God working in this situation. First of all, the doctor was super great. He was very chatty and informative. Also, his own baby had the same surgery done at 2 months old. I appreciated him telling us that, it allowed me to connect with him as a parent. It was at this point that I became more relaxed about the surgery. Later, when we went to schedule the surgery, the receptionist first told us that it would be January. Quietly, I said, "Bummer." She looked at baby Luke, typed some more on her computer, and then BOOM! Ezzie, the receptionist asked, "How about December 18th? I will just move some things around to make it work." Hallelujah!! Not only is it better than great that Luke can have the surgery sooner in hopes that his belly will be more comfortable, but it will be covered by our insurance at zero cost to us because we've met our deductible!! YAHOO! (thanks to my stay at Sacred Heart Medical Center in Pensacola).
I can't even begin to explain the amount of comfort and peace that I felt after leaving the drs office today. It's as though God is holding me and letting me know that He is in control and that He will take care of our baby boy.
Thanks for your prayers. Surgery is in a little over two weeks... please pray for Luke!
Oh, and of course, a picture of our little butterball!! Yeah, he's over 10 pounds now!
Just look how teeny tiny he still looks up there on the exam table.
He was SOoOoOo good today at the appointment.
He was smiling and cooing and kicking his legs... ooooh, I just love my baby boy!
Here's Luke waving at his Mommy. Oh, and check out the hair.... it's really growing in. I think the spike-y hair is working for him. Don't you?
And, I must mention Zoe too. She's been quite the artist lately. Here is her "happy face" drawing. Pretty good, huh?!?!!!

4 comments:
So glad you had a great day with great news! It sounds like everything is going to work out great! God is taking care of Luke for sure!
He is adorable! Looks just like Zoe to me. I am so glad you updated with a new picture!
he is adorable and such a blessing...it is crazy how fast they grow- he is getting so big, don't blink or he will be a toddler!!! love Zoe's pic, Lydia has been doing that too, it is always so interesting to see what they come up with!
YAY! That is WONDERFUL!! And I know such a relief for you!! And I'm soooo sorry I didn't even ask about Luke when you called last night. I just wasn't even thinking! I'm so thankful for the great news, though. Love ya!
YAY! That is WONDERFUL!! And I know such a relief for you!! And I'm soooo sorry I didn't even ask about Luke when you called last night. I just wasn't even thinking! I'm so thankful for the great news, though. Love ya!
Post a Comment