Thursday, November 5, 2009

A Luke Update...

It's so hard to believe that my sweet baby Luke is already 5 weeks old! Luke is such a great baby. He's a happy baby... a loud happy baby. If you haven't heard him yet, you will. He's a moaner, groaner and grunter. It's so loud that we decided to move him to his own room when he was about 3 days old.
Luke is finally starting to understand that at night time, we sleep! The past few nights have been pretty good! I'm crossing my fingers that it continues. Right now, Luke still sleeps most all day. The short times that he is awake, he is beginning to focus on our faces and even smile at us! It's so sweet!
Even though this baby came four weeks early and a tad teeny tiny, he's proven himself to be a GREAT eater and weight gainer. He's already up to 8lbs. He's gained over two pounds in one month. I guess my milk is doing him so good!?! Right now he's eating about every 2.5 to 3.5 hours which is a great schedule.
Zoe is doing wonderfully with him. She loves him so much and is calling him her "Best Friend" when people visit us. It's so cute. Zoe is loving being a big sister... hope it will last!
I'll post some pics that Melissa took for us soon, so stay tuned!

3 comments:

LCP said...

The difference between girls and boys...the grunting!! Haaa, my boy did that too and it is too funny. Girls are so quiet and feminine (go figure), and boys, are well, boys!!

Glad you all are doing so well. Your kids are gorgeous!!

Lydia & Riley Jane's Mom said...

i am so glad that Luke is growing and sleeping better. He is such a blessing!!! I just love him so much. You all looked like the most beautiful family at church yesterday. I can't wait to continue to watch him grow and conquer many more milestones!!!

Carol said...

I too have a grunter! :-) Can't wait to see you soon!