Saturday, December 26, 2009

Where did December go??

Okay, I'll say it again... "WHERE did December go?" I mean really, the month has truly flown by for us! Since I'm SO behind on my blogging duties, I thought I'd just do some collages from the month of December. Just a warning.... this is a LONG blog entry.
I've got lots of Christmas pictures and video clips to share.... so, stay tuned!

Zoe just LOVES the Pardue girls. They were kind enough to have us over for a cookie decorating party. All the girls (plus Luke) had a super time eating pizza and decorating cookies!
Kim, Kylah and Dayton invited us over for a playdate! Oh the fun that was had by Zoe and Kylah. They played SO SO SO great together!! Maybe it's because their cousins?? Very distant, but hey they're family! I just love that Kim's kids are the exact ages of mine!!! Thanks for having us over!

Matt has been working on fixing up Amy Kate's old house for renting. It's now complete with a dishwasher and ready for someone to move in. Call/email if you are interested!!

Zoe is really working to figure out this game of "Hide and Seek." For the longest time she assumed that if SHE can't see you, then you must not be able to see her. Finally she hid behind our floor length curtains in the kitchen. She was being VERY quiet. Unfortunately, we were able to find her very quickly since she was making pictures with the FLASH ON! It was so funny!!

The Owens family and the Jones family met up at the train depot in Bowling Green to listen to the story, "The Polar Express." The girls had a might fine time playing on the train, seeing the snow, talking with the train conductor, AND listening to the story. The adults had fun too!

Our kiddos in their Christmas pajamas! Thanks to Miss Laurie for the matching pjs! Miss Zoe absolutely LOVES Laurie Wright.... for those of you that know her, you know exactly why. Laurie and Zoe have a special bond!

As many of you know, I'm a 'get up and go' kind of Mommy. Well, after losing so many nights of sleep, that slogan didn't seem to fit me very well for a couple of months. I finally got the courage to drive the babies to Nashville for a pedicure with my mom and grandmother and a lunch date with great friends. Everything went great, so I'm looking forward to doing it again very soon.


And finally, one great thing I hope to remember about the month of December is SLEEP! YAHOO! Luke decided just this past week that he wants to sleep at night! Isn't that neat?! So, we are praying that this new habit continues. He's doing SO SO GREAT! Thank you to everyone for all of your prayers and thoughts during his surgery. We have been so blessed by God's kindness. Luke seems to be feeling comfortable and is getting along super-duper.

4 comments:

Amy said...

This post wasn't too long at all. It was a great month in review. What about a year in review? I'm thinking of doing one myself. Hopefully I'll be able to find picts for each month.

Anonymous said...

I can see why December went so quickly. Looks like lots of fun times with family and friends. You sure have some cute kids! Hope you had a Merry Christmas!

kylah's mommy said...

So glad that Luke is sleeping better now. Kylah (and I) had a great time when you all came over, we'll have to do it again real soon!! :o)

Deaton, party of 5 said...

December sure did fly by. I'm loving all your picture collages. How neat!!!