Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Giggling, Grins and Good Food!

Today our little Lukey Bear (aka Lukers, Little Buddy, Luke) is six months old.... yes, you read that right. SIX MONTHS old... WOW! Everyday Luke melts our hearts more and more with his smiles, giggles and sweet expressions. He is such a cuddly little thing too! I just love holding him and rocking him. SooOOoooOOooo, sweet!


Here's a little bit about our baby Luke at six months old:
I'll be taking Luke next week for his well baby check, so I'm not sure exactly what his stats will be. I'm guessing that Luke will weigh in around 16.8lbs and be about 25 inches long... who knows though.

Right now Luke isn't really on a 'schedule' so to speak, but he always gives the same cues to let me know when he's tired and when he's hungry. Luke is a nursing champ! He nurses about every 3.5 to 4 hrs during the day. His nighttime sleeping habits are still up in the air! On a good night, he will sleep about 6 hour stretches... which is nice for me! Maybe one day soon, he'll turn the sleeping corner and sleep all night! Maybe...

About a week an a half ago I started Luke on baby food. He loves it! Although he hasn't tried many foods yet, he LOVES carrots. Today, he even ate the entire stage one jar of carrots! Just take a look at the picture below! He even fussed when he couldn't see the spoon coming towards his face. He doesn't care for cereal, so that is why I started him on veggies. So far, so good! You will probably be able to tell from his rolls that he LOVES to eat! We are loving his rolls. Basically I crack up every time I change his clothes at how big his thighs are! He's so squishy!!

As far as Luke's motor skills go, he is finally able to lay on his tummy and push all the way up. Being four weeks early, he was a bit delayed on this skill. But, now he's got it down! He can roll over from his belly to his back. He's beginning to show signs of being able to roll the other way, but no success quite yet. ... which is fine with me because that will mean he is potentially MOBILE! Luke is doing great with sitting up. I am such a scaredy cat that I don't let him sit up much without the Boppy pillow around him. He does SO GOOD, that I'm sure he could sit alone for a spell. Maybe I'll venture out this week and let him practice this skill more... maybe. Luke loves love loves to jump in his jumper! I mean he LOVES it! He will really jump around when Zoe, Matt and I cheer him on. It's SO stinkin' cute!
I have a sneaky feeling that Luke may be just as verbal as Zoe!! He squeals (just like Zoe did), he babbles many different sounds already (just like Zoe did) and he moves his mouth a lot (just like Zoe did)! I mean, I know each baby is different and boys are generally slower than girls in the verbal area.... but, I think Luke's going to be a chatter box too?!?! I captured a quick video of him laughing out loud today. So, be sure to watch it! His laugh is fabulous!!!
Luke is just a precious baby! So good and sweet natured! I'm so proud to be his Mommy. I only wish he'd stay little longer. We just can't imagine our lives without him!
Love you baby Luke!




3 comments:

April Kay said...

Oh Valerie, I love it! I cannot imagine a squishy baby like that cuz Mason has been the scrawniest!!! :) Luke is just precious and I could listen to that laugh all day long! What a sweet blessing! Love ya.

Emma's Mommy said...

He is adorable Valerie!! I love the picture with the carrots all over his face :-)
Hard to believe he is six months old already.

Katie said...

OH MY GOSH! He is so adorable I can't stand it! I want to just cover him with a million kisses! Bless his little heart!!