Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Zoe Can Read....




Most of you know that Zoe has had a love for letters from a very early age. Instead of playing with other toys, she has always preferred books, letter games, and the show Wheel of Fortune. I guess all of that has paid off because she is in the early stages of READING!
Go Zoe! Go Zoe! Go Zoe!

We first realized this a few months ago when we were holding up a flash card with the word "dog" on it. I was really just kidding around when I asked her to read it.... well, the joke was totally on me! She read the word "dog" and was SO proud of herself. (And, of course, so was I).
Today, Luke took a longer than usual nap so Zoe and I had lots of time to play "words," as she calls it. I would write a word on her marker board and she read it. I couldn't believe it. Pretty much any three letter word she could read. Even words that she didn't know. Watching "Word World" and "Word Girl" have really helped encourage her interest (along with her LOVE for reading and her Mommy being a teacher).
Zoe, you're such smart gal!

2 comments:

Kate said...

So smart! And boy do I remember how hard those K's were to make! So impressed. You're such a good momma!

Carol said...

Ok, her Kindergarten teacher is going to hate you...just sayin'! :-) Only joking! She is AMAZING! Always has been. Miss you!