Saturday, October 30, 2010

What? October is Over??

Well, October certainly has been BUSY! Busy doing all kinds of fun fall things. I LOVE fall so much. It's my favorite time of year. We've been blessed here to have so many PERFECT temperature days around this neck of the woods! Just a few photos of things we've been up to. And, FYI, these are NOT in chronological order.... blogger is being ridiculous today!

Halloween Party Day for ZK
ZK got to dress up at her preschool for Halloween. Look like a familiar costume? Yes, well, she wore that last year on Halloween (and, I think she's worn it everyday since). She LOVES to dress up in this butterfly fairy costume! At the rate she's going, I think she'll be able to fit into it again next Halloween!


5K, 10K Race Day!

For some ridiculous reason, I decided that I could run in the 5K race this year. I've been going to the gym more in this season of my life than I ever have, but I don't run. EVER. I Zumba.
So, I thought I could do it. A little test of what I'm made of (and, I really wanted to impress my hubby!) I downloaded some Zumba music and RAN! That's right, I ran. A whopping 3.1 miles in about 38 minutes. It was a slow pace, but I finished!! YAY me! I was plum worn out when it was over (and sore for a week).
Matt, on the other hand, ran the 10K in about 52 minutes and didn't even break a sweat. He's in such great shape. Maybe one day I'll run the entire race?? Maybe.

before the race

after my race and before his
Ahh, the glorious finish line


Mimi Goes to Jackson's Orchard!
My mom has heard me talk about Jackson's Orchard for years and years. She's seen pictures and heard me rave about their famous apple cider slushies. Well, we finally took her to JO! One of my all time favorite places!!

Luke Can Walk!
Enjoy this sweet (short) video of Luke walking! He LOVES to walk now. It's absolutely precious seeing him (and hearing his pitter patter) walking around the house. At first, he only wanted to walk on our rugs, now, he's braved the hardwood floors (which are everywhere) and is doing terrific. He loves to follow Zoe around, and she encourages him to follow her! It's very sweet!




We Even Went to the Beach
I'll have to blog this later!

Happy Fall, Y'all! It sure has been happy for my family!

3 comments:

Deaton, party of 5 said...

Happy FALL back at ya! October has flown by for us too which means Christmas is around the corner, WHAT! Let the good times roll....

April Kay said...

Aww, love this post! Love that last pic of y'all holding hands on the beach!!! Just perfect!! I wish my posts could be as short and sweet as yours; I have to ramble on and on in mine! They're always novels. Ha!

Melissa said...

The beach pictures are fabulous!!! Love the "caught-in-the-moment" look of the first one!