Luke is 15 months old!
Our sweet baby boy Luke is getting so big! He's doing so many fun things right now. We just love this age and are trying to treasure each moment as we know is passes by so quickly!
Luke has done some major things since his one year old well baby visit!! I simply cannot believe how many milestones Luke has met in just the past three months. So much changes in a baby from month 12 to month 15!
Luke has learned to walk... and waddle quickly run! He is SO CUTE when he is chasing after his favorite playmate, Z Z. Which is what Luke calls Zoe. I have to admit, it's adorable the way he squishes up his little face to make the Z sound come out twice in a row... precious! And, it thrills Zoe too!
He has also started SLEEPING ALL NIGHT, that's right, you read that correctly! He has been consistently sleeping all night for about five weeks now. Wasn't that a super duper (late) Christmas gift he gave me!! He is still taking two naps a day (if Zoe allows) and sleeps about 10 to 11 hours at night!! Woo Hoo! I think what helped him finally learn to sleep all night was when he weaned himself from nursing. Oh, I was so heartbroken encouraged to see that he was beginning to be a big boy during the night! I am happy that he made it to 15 months nursing! Luke loves his paci! Usually, I throw like 10 pacis in his bed so he can find them easily during the night. He only has a paci (at home) when he's awake going down for a nap or at bedtime. I also let him have them when we go out, because it makes things waaay easier on me. But, since we've lowered his crib mattress, he's learned how to reach his little chunky arm in and snag his favorite lovie, his paci!

If you've seen Luke ever lately, you know that he's quite a hefty little guy! He is such a great eater!! He will at least try anything you put in front of him. Luke still eats baby food most days, which is fine by me because he's getting his veggies in this way! He drinks 2% milk from a sippy cup, but some days he prefers a bottle, which is also fine by me! Lately, Luke has noticed that Z Z sits at her 'big girl' table and he now wants to dine with her instead of eating in his highchair. Sometimes this is okay, but whew, he's messy when he's not confined!
Luke is quite possibly the happiest baby I've ever seen (unless his Mommy leaves him with a stranger, or at Bible class). He is SO joyful all the time! Matt, Zoe and I just love watching him dance, play, and wobble all around us! Did I say that he smiles A LOT, because he does!! Oh, I'm one blessed Mommy!
Look at all those TEETH! By the end of his 15th month, Luke has 12 teeth! WOW!
Luke is beginning to talk some. He is saying new things every day. Although, his personality is somewhat laid back and quite, he is quite vocal at home! A few words he can say consistently are: mama (his first word), dada, Z Z, banana (ba ba), ball, bye bye, bacon (ha!), baby (bA bu), hi, duck, bath..... there are probably more....
Luke can also understand lots of simple sentences, like "Luke, where is the ball?" or "Find your shoes." He knows what I mean when I ask him to go to his room, or Zoe's room or the bathroom, or the kitchen. He's smart like that!!
Luke can also point to his nose, eyes (he'll even blink wink at ya if asked!), hair, fingers, hands, belly, and sometimes ears. He knows that when we are leaving that he should get his shoes and often times, he gets his coat or vest too. So funny!
Right now, Luke's favorite things to do are play his harmonica (which is simply hilarious!), play with anything and everything that Zoe is playing with, he loves to wrestle/play on the floor, he is showing interest in cars and trucks, and he really loves to listen to story books! He also LOVES visiting his daddy at the fire station!! He is amazed by the fire trucks and always wants to sit in the driver's seat!!
I LOVE this age!!!! (wait, I think I say that about every age!)
Luke also enjoys opening the PANTRY! Oh joy! Good for him, but not so good for me. I've had to do some rearranging!! Zoe never did this! He's also a climber and a "get into everything" baby... unlike his big sister!!

I know this is a SUPER LONG blog post all about Luke, but I'm so behind so I thought I'd get 'er done in one entry!
Oh, and, I can't wait to blog about Zoe's planning ideas for her 4th birthday party. Yes, you read that right! She's turning 4 next month... and, she has it all planned out... down to the cake baker! Sweet girl!

Love,
Valerie
3 comments:
Your kiddos are just too precious. I can't believe how fast Zoe is growing. She looks so much like you, a natural beauty! Of course, Mr Luke is adorable with his chubby little cheeks. I love the picture of him asleep in his crib with all his paci's, too cute!!
So sweet!!! I can't get over how much Luke and Zoe look alike! Glad you're getting some good sleep!!
Glad I'm not the only one trying to keep everyone healthy and sane in my house!!!! :) Thanks for the encouraging comment! HOpe your kiddos and Matt get well soon and WE both stay flu free!!!
Can't believe you little guy is 15 months old. I feel like it was yesterday me, you and Carol were all pregnant with these little guys.
Post a Comment