Today, after church, I realized at the restaurant that I hadn't taken ONE single Easter picture of the kids. I asked Zoe if I could get a quick picture of her and Luke. She replied, "Yes, but just one." I was like oh great day... this won't be worth it. Well, you see above the ONE AND ONLY Easter picture I got today. Not too shabby, huh? :o)
A quick bit on Zoe: Last night before bed (the night before Easter), I asked Zoe if she knew what the next day would be. She replied, "No." Excitedly, I said, "It's Easter Sunday! Do you know what that means?" {I was thinking she'd reply something like, "Oh boy, the Easter Bunny" or "Oh yay, I get a goodie basket"} But, no. She (LOVE HER) replied, ever so sweetly, "It means Jesus is Alive!!" I, just left the Easter Bunny in the dust and happily agreed with her.
Then, this morning, still thinking Zoe would be all Easter Bunny excited, here's what happened. I tried to get up before the kids and get my shower so we could do our little Easter basket thing. Well, Zoe woke up right as I was getting in the shower. I told her not to go into the den and to get in bed with Luke. (Something she does every single day!). She seemed confused, but waited for me to shower, for Luke to get changed, and for Matt. We all went into the den together. Still, she had NO.IDEA. that she would get an Easter basket of goodies this morning. I mean really..... I really thought the "world" had taught her about the Easter Bunny... We even saw the movie "Hop" for crying out loud. Anyway, she was SO thrilled about her new goodies and said, "Thanks!!"
Jesus is Alive!!!....
He's alive everyday!!!
He's alive everyday!!!
Luke & Zoe, 2010



No comments:
Post a Comment