Well, I'd be surprised if anyone is still reading this blog of mine. I've really let it go by the wayside.... well, basically since Luke's arrival-almost TWO years ago. I really want to get it back up and going. Not necessarily with pictures galore, but with some of my thoughts and stories of my life as Mommy. Often times things come up that I want to blog about, but then I don't get around to doing it. I've wondered where I should start. Like should it be with Luke's birth or his 21 month pictures... ha. I'm behind.
I decided I'd start with today.
Today. Monday. Matt is on shift, so it's single mommy duty for 24 hours. (except that Zoe spent the night with Matt's parents last night and it was just me and LB for most of the day). LB and I had THE.BEST.TIME. today playing together, laughing, swinging, eating and running a couple of errands. Man, he's such a good little boy! I could just eat him up every day! Luke and I don't get to do the things that Zoe and I did together.. ya know, just the two of us. So it was a very nice morning with my little guy! We went to Chick-Fil-A together because I know how he LOVES his "chick-chick!" I think he really loved having my undivided attention this morning during our sweet breakfast!! I simply cannot believe that in just a few short months, when summer comes to an end, that he will be TWO years old. Let's save that for another day's post. It's much too sad.
After Zoe got home from Grandma's house, Luke was SO.EXCITED. I'm talking jumping up and saying, "Zee-Zee Yay!" Oh the look on his face was priceless once he realized she was home sweet home. Zoe and Luke love playing with each other, for now.. hoping this continues... forever! Basically, right now, Luke just follows Zoe around doing pretty much whatever she asks of him. Zoe is really working on getting her cartwheel perfected. She turns them constantly. Therefore, Luke is always trying his best to "fip" (flip). It's pretty funny! I know that one day, soon, it won't be like that. But, for now, I'll take it. I love the way the two of them laugh together! Luke's laugh is such an exact copy of Zoe's baby laugh. It takes me back each time I hear him giggling up a storm to Zoe at his age. I love these babies!
I have really been enjoying the gym lately! Yes, that's right. I LOVE it! I've never been a gym/workout/in shape girl. But, I simply cannot get enough gym time in each week. Anyway, today I thought I'd try taking the kids to the childcare. While I've done this before, it doesn't usually go all that great. But, today, it did! Luke didn't cry one single tear! In fact, he jumped out of my arms to go play with the toys! (hope they keep them very clean, yuck). I feel like I'm such a better wife, mommy and person when I get some exercise in. Yay for Luke and Zoe today at childcare!
Anyway, after an hour at the gym we went to visit Daddy at the "woo-woo" aka, fire station. Both Zoe and Luke have initially called their Daddy's place of employment, "da Woo-woo"... professional, right? It's SO CUTE! The kids expect certain things to happen during each visit. I'll try to capture those things on my camera next time and blog it. We like to visit him each and every day he works. Being gone from us for 24 hours at a time is hard on the kids, and me sometimes too.
After a visit with Daddy, the kids were ready to get home to eat dinner and get to bed! Neither one protested bedtime, both babies were asleep by 8:22. Not bad, not bad.
I LOVE being at home each day with my babies. I am SO thankful that God provides us with the means for this to happen.
Giving Him all the glory today...and, everyday!
Giving Him all the glory today...and, everyday!
Until next time......
This is a pic from last month. Matt and I went on a mini vacation to Florida without our babies! Don't worry, they didn't even miss us....
I'll blog about that soon!
3 comments:
I'm still reading!! Dayton calls the fire truck, the "woo woo" too!! :o)
I feel really guilty sometime that Jack doesn't get the one on one time that I was able to give to Addison. It's nice when you have a few hours for just the two of you!
Valerie,
Yes, I am still a "follower". I am so glad I ran into you last night. Wish we would have had more time to chat!! Sounds like things are going really well for you... Keep in touch!!
Post a Comment