This weekend was sure full of family, friends and fun!
I started the weekend with "Mimi Friday," as we usually do, with my mom coming up for the day. She comes most every Friday. Zoe has renamed Friday to Mimi Friday :) Since it was cloudy and chilly, we spent the day shopping around town and eating at Cici's Pizza--my kids love it!
Then, Friday night we celebrated Aunt Amanda's birthday at Matt's parents house for dinner. Why don't I have any pictures of that? Strange. Anyway, a good time was had by all :) Especially my sweet Zoe. She spent the night with her favorite "Florida Roomie" Aunt Amanda at Grandma's house! How.Fun. They stayed up late and slept in late and just had the very best time.
I started off Saturday morning at the gym. Yay me! Matt and I ran some errands and had fun packing around just Luke. (Zoe stayed with Grandma and Aunt Amanda until 2:00) We enjoyed some one on two time with him all day long... and, I think Luke liked it too. Saturday night we were invited to celebrate another birthday! Melissa's birthday was last weekend and we celebrated last night with a cookout. Planned by her hubby, :o) What a fun time we had! I cannot believe that we don't all get together more often to hang out and cook out and just be with each other....
Group Photo
Our Almost Kindergarten Girls!
My sweet boy and me! Love him!
My besties and me. Man. I love these girls!
Finally, today, Sunday. {Is Sunday really a part of the weekEND? I always think of it as starting a new week.}
After dressing my babies for church (and running very late because I overslept. I slept until 8:20. Had to be at church by 9. We made it by 9:15. And, I was by myself to get them ready. I took a shower, dried my hair (& it's getting LONG) and got both kids ready! Whew!) I decided to make a picture of my happy babies on the front porch... even though I knew I was already running behind... but, they were so cute. so happy. and SO giggly this morning. I just couldn't resist. I love my babies!
Yep. Cute, right??!!
After church today, Luke went home with Grandpa and Grandma for some "bug shootin'" (with water guns). And, so they could get in some lovin with just little Lukey!
While Luke was with them, Zoe and I headed to Beech Bend! Woo hoo! She and I had a great time riding all the 'big kid' rides. I wanted to have a "Yes" day at Beech Bend with Zoe. I feel like I always have to tell her, "No, not right now. I have Luke." So today, we went sans Luke and were big girls! We rode the big water slide and didn't even go to the kiddie rides :) As we were leaving, Zoe said, "This IS fun with out Luke!" I enjoyed spending time with my sweet Zoe Kate, as our summer days will be over before we know it and she'll be in school every single day.
Here we are waiting in line to ride the Wild Mouse, Zoe's personal favorite right now :)
Luke played SO hard with Grandpa, that he fell asleep on the way to church and stayed asleep through the whole service. Yes, I did take his picture during church tonight. But, I couldn't resist :)
Thank you, Jesus, for a wonderful weekend full of family, fun and friends. Thank you for blessing me with such a wonderful days. God, you are love. You are kind and gentle. Thank you for this weekend.
Psalm 26:3
For your steadfast love is before my eyes, and I walk in your faithfulness.



1 comment:
Girl your hair is getting so long. I love it! Ms Zoe looks so much like you, she is beautiful and Luke is a cutie too. I can't believe how big they have gotten and that Zoe will be in Kindergarten in the fall. Time sure does fly!
Post a Comment