Friday, July 27, 2012

It's Almost Time....

It's almost time. Yep that's right.  Less than two weeks left before school starts. How can it possibly be time to send my sweet baby daughter to school? I knew I'd be sad. I knew I'd be really sad. But, I didn't know I'd be THIS SAD! 
Zoe has been home with me every single day of her life! We are always together. Now, I have to drop her off at school everyday single day. Where someone else will get to watch her ah-ha moments, and see her learn new things, and laugh with her, and hug her if she's sad, and everything I'm usually do during the day. It's sad, y'all. Sad. 

Deep down, I know this is the way it's supposed to happen. Really. I do. But, it just doesn't make sense to me why we need to start these little babies SO stinking early to school. I mean she's only FIVE!  I'm all about school and the idea of school and the things that 'school' represents (I was a teacher ya know!). BUT, really. 35 hours a week where I am not with MY baby is starting to get my emotions flooded with sadness. I don't like not knowing what she's doing or what's going on with her.

I guess I knew it in my head this whole time and now, I have to wrap my heart around it. Sniff sniff!

Even though these thoughts are in my heart, there are lots of fun things that we are excited about at this house when it comes to going to school!  We are excited about purple sparkle backpacks, new school clothes, a fun hot pink heart sparkle folder, the thought of playing outside at recess with friends, eating lunch with friends, and even a new nap mat :)

These small things have me excited for Zoe's new adventure. This is her first time to really spread her wings and take her first steps towards becoming an independent young lady. 

Besides being excited about the "newness" of school, we are also thankful.
We are SO very thankful that she's going to a school where there will only be eleven kids in her class. A school where her teacher worships at our church and at school. A school where the Bible is taught with math and reading. A school where we know lots of people and feel like we are leaving Zoe with friends. A school where Zoe will be learning Bible verses weekly as part of the curriculum. Ahhh, those things make me happy.

We are also so very thankful to God for blessing us with a daughter that is ready for kindergarten, who is bright and smart, who is witty and kind, who is happy and loving. It's comforting knowing that Zoe will do great being left at school. Even though we've never left her anywhere like this for so long, we really believe that she'll do okay all day long.

I'm thankful that I'm still getting to stay home this year. This will be the first time I get to be with Luke alone during the day. I'm looking forward to that! Even though Luke and I will miss Zoe like crazy, I'm sure we will have great days ahead together :)

Oh dear. There's my ramble on kindergarten. I'm sure I'll be a mess for a while after sending her to school. I know I'll get used to it and it's just the first major transition of many to come. I'm praying that my baby girl, my first born, will have terrific year at school. Would you mind doing the same? Not only for my little Zoe, but for all of God's precious children, big and small, that will go to school soon. Pray for them, their teachers, the schools.

Bring on the kleenex!

1 comment:

Carol said...

It is hard! But maybe one of these says you'll be at school with her. And don't worry. ZK has been ready for kindergarten since she was 2. :). Miss you!!!!!!