I have no idea why Luke loves to wear things on his head these days.... He loves anything that resembles a mask! Here he is last week in a snow hat with accessory goggles. Nice, huh. Crazy thing is ... he kept them both on practically all day. Silly little guy!
Luke and I have enjoyed our days together at home while Zoe is at school. We have been playing fire trucks, going to toddler story time at the library, and playing with his some of his other two year old friends. It's been really neat to get this special time with my boy. I love watching him learn and change and grow into a little boy. He's SO VERBAL these days. He cracks us up all the time with the things he says. Many people tell me he's like a grown man trapped inside a little toddler body! I think it's true. His statements are very profound for a little one and his sentence structure is very mature. (Although this might have something to do with listening to his very intelligent older sister!)
Speaking of his sister, he loves Zoe. He misses Zoe each day while she's at school. But, I think he's really enjoying getting some one on one time with Mommy and Daddy.... and whoever else might be around!
One thing that I think is so funny about Luke (sans Zoe) this past week has been this: HE hasn't worn one single princess dress, a pair of high heels or a tutu since Zoe's been at school!! He's been playing Star Wars, Batman, Spiderman, and anything super hero-ish! I guess he thinks he must play whatever she's playing because he LOVES to be with her. She's his "Little Mama!"
Did you remember that Luke will be turning THREE next month? Yep, September 30. So, technically like 40 days from now. It's crazy how quickly the days of toddler hood are passing us by. Luke is very smart, creative, and thoughtful. He's very witty too! Just like his dad, he's a joke-ster for sure! Also, like his big sis, he's become VERY independent lately!
In fact, he's practically potty trained himself. I'd say it took him a day or two or three. And, it was totally his idea, not mine! I was planning to wait until after fall break to start this task because our family will be traveling to Florida. I DID NOT want to take a newly potty trained toddler boy on a LONG van ride... but, it looks like that's what we will be doing! He's doing so well that I don't think it will really be a problem. He watched his bestie, Riley Jane, get out of the pool to go potty one day. He thought he'd try it too. It was a success and ever since then he's been wearing his undies (which, by the way, are precious on him!) Yay, Luke! You are such a big boy!
Now, if only the "Put the paci in the trashy," transition would be so smooth..... I'm not holding my breath :)
1 comment:
Way to go Luke! Dayton had fun playing with him this morning!
Post a Comment