Each year, the "Birthday Balloon Fairy" puts the exact number of balloons on your bed for ever how old you're turning the next day. Zoe knows that I am the Birthday Balloon Fairy and LOVES this birthday tradition that we have!!
Oh my. Oh my. Oh my. I really cannot fathom that six years have passed by since Zoe was born. It's simply unbelievable. I say these words pretty much everyday. Ha. How do the days pass by so quickly? How in the world did my baby girl turn six years old? So hard to believe!
This girl was SO GIDDY on the morning of her birthday. It was hilarious how excited she was! She danced and jumped and laughed hysterically that morning!!
I'm so thankful for my sweet daughter. She is truly a blessing to be around. In this season of her life what I love most about her is that she sings ALL.THE.TIME. She sings, she hums, she sings, she hums. It's precious. Usually you will hear her singing songs from Christian Family Radio, or hymns, or songs she's learned in Bible class or chapel at school. She's always singing about Jesus. I love that the song on her heart is about Jesus. So precious.
This post is for my memories of her at this age..... You might find it a little boring :) Feel free to read on though.
At age six, Zoe's size hasn't changed all that much. I'd say she weighs about 40 pounds (fully dressed), she's just above 43 inches (which thrilled her at her well child check up because that means she is tall enough to ride big girl rides at Beech Bend without wearing high heel wedge flip flops, ha). Even though her size hasn't changed all that much from when she turned five, she's turning into a little girl. Sniff, sniff. Her face is loosing that baby-ness and fullness, and it's blossoming into a beautiful little girl. A school girl. A Kindergarten girl, who will soon be a first grader, as she often reminds me.
Zoe still continues to soar academically, as she is goes to a first grade reading group each day!. She gets wonderful remarks on her report card each nine weeks from her teacher about what an excellent student she is each day. She's a great speller and a great math gal. She's got a great brain on her (She totally gets that from her Daddy). We've never even really had to study for her spelling test each week and she always gets a perfect score! She loves to read!! She's sad when I have to turn the lights out at bedtime and she's not finished with her book. Her favorite book to read before bed is the Bible. She got a new Bible from her Aunt Amanda for her birthday, and loves that it's a real big girl Bible. One with all the chapters and verses. It's not a kid Bible. :)
Zoe is very athletic too! She's taking gymnastics and loves every minute of it! She is great at turning cartwheels, round offs, and one handed cartwheels. I predict that she will get her back handspring this summer! She's very close :) She wants to run on her school's cross country team next year again too!
Zoe's heart is kind. She is a wonderful big sister to Luke (who can definitely test her sometimes). She plays well with him and treats him like she wants to be treated (of course she has her moments, but they are SO FEW). She loves being with her friends and enjoys playing many different things.
Most of the time you will find Zoe playing Barbies or with her American Girl dolls. She likes to dress her Barbies and dolls up. We went to the American Girl Doll store in Atlanta for her bday (maybe I'll do a post about that?) It was a super fun trip. She reminds me often of how much she loved going on the "Girls Trip" (me, my mom, and Zoe) to Atlanta and how it was so neat that we left the boys at home. :)
Still a very picky eater, Zoe has branched out and tried more new foods. She has always been funny about textures and hesitant to try new things. She's getting better .... still working on that. I'm proud of her for trying the new things that she has. Most new foods are successful, because she realizes that she actually likes them!!
Have I mentioned how happy Zoe is?? She's really a happy child. Her happiness is contagious to us and to others. I love that about her!!! (I think she's happy because she talks a lot about Jesus. Seems crazy to think that someone so little could already have so many things already figured out!) I love this girl! I'm so happy God chose me to be her mom.
Zoe has a HUGE imagination, thanks to her Dad!! He dreams big with her and they have all kinds of made up stories and plans. It's very funny. She loves humor and has a great belly laugh.
Some things Zoe is looking forward to:
-Loosing teeth (I love a kid with missing teeth... SO CUTE!)
-Going to Beech Bend to ride the big girl rides
-Going to first grade
-Weekly gymnastics
When Zoe grows up she wants to be a ballerina. (precious!)
Zoe, I love you sweet girl. You, Zoe, are our little sweetie!

2 comments:
Happy Birthday Zoe!! Can't believe how fast our girls are growing up!!
Thanks Dawn! Chloe will be six before you know it!!
Post a Comment