Many of you know that Miss Zoe has been a bit fussy... well, actually A LOT fussy. She was just breaking bad all the time. I had become very stressed out and honestly, a bit sad. I had been doubting my 'skills' as a mommy. Matt kept telling me that everything would be okay and that I am a good mommy...
Yesterday was my last official day to work. I got home and Tonya called to invite us to dinner. She and Eric were ready right then, so we had to get going quick. I took Zoe out to the car and he came out too. Then Matt said that he had forgotten something and went back inside. He took FOREVER to come back out. I couldn't imagine what was taking so long.... I thought maybe it was a bathroom attack or something?? But he said that he couldn't find his cell phone. I thought it was strange that he would spend so much time looking for it when we were just going to Mancino's. Little did I know that he was putting a surprise together for me. Anyway, we ate with Tonya, Eric and Audrey and went back home. We pulled into the garage, just like always. I got the diaper back, Matt got Zoe. I noticed something posted on the door going into the house. (which didn't really surprise me b/c Matt has posters in our garage) This was posted on the door:
Tears filled my eyes immediately. How sweet was that? I was so surprised. He said that he wanted me to remember that he thinks I am a super mommy. By the way... he wrote on our door with a Sharpie marker!
Isn't that a nice story!!! Oh one more wonderful part of the story.... I think Zoe has broken free from her colic! It's like the past four days she has been a completely different baby. She seems happy all the time and content! God is working! Thanks to those of you that have given me encouraging words.... we're going to make it!
9 comments:
Ok...at first I was crying over Logan's first haircut...and now I am tearing up over Matt's thoughtfulness. Do you think he could give lessons? I have someone I'd like to sign up! :-) That was so very thoughtful and I am glad God placed in on Matt's heart to tell you what a wonderful mommy you are...and girl...you are a wonderful mommy. In fact, God thinks you are the PERFECT mommy for Zoe Kate. I am glad she is fussing less for you. I hope you can just really enjoy every minute and know that you are a fantastic mommy. I love you girlie! And you tell Matt I said "he done real good!"
Colt has started to become less and less fussy lately too, but still has many fussy "no nap" days and somedays I get discouraged too. :( It does seem to be getting better and better each day though. Praise God!! I know you are a good Mommy and that it will just keep getting better and better for you too.
That is such a sweet story about Matt. What a sweet hubbie!
Colic is the pits girl! But it does end. Emma had it pretty bad along with reflux - and you do start to doubt that you are doing things the right way or even if you are doing what you are supposed to be doing. Just remember that God sent Zoe to YOU because he picked YOU to be her mommy. Zoe is a beautiful baby girl and you are doing a wonderful job as her mommy. By the way - congrats on your last day.
Way to go Matt. You are very lucky to have a husband like him.
What a sweet hubby! It is so nice when husbands really do understand how you are feeling and find a way to encourage and surprise you. Way to go Matt! I know that colic seems never-ending, but it will soon be over (hopefully it already is)and you find that you have a sweet and content baby. You are a great Mom and Zoe is so blessed to have you for her mommy! PS-Welcome to the stay-at-home moms club!
Very, very sweet!
What a sweet gesture. Colic is no fun. Hopefully you are at the ending stages. Just know that we all have doubted our mommy abilities one time or another, and that you are in fact a wonderful mom.
A good christian husband is such a blessing! One of the reasons I love Matt is because I see how good he is to my little girl and now to your little girl. You are both great parents and Zoe is extremely blessed.
Aren't our husbands wonderful. I am so glad they are good friends, as well as us and our girls. I think it has been good for all of us to go thru this together. I am so thankful that Zoe has been happy this week. You are such a wonderful mommy. Since you're a month ahead of me, it has been great to watch and learn. I know I've been better prepared for what's to come with Audrey after talking to you about so many things. Thanks girl! love ya
Post a Comment