Thursday, May 10, 2007

Zoe's First Shots :o(

Yesterday, Zoe went for her 2 month baby checkup and to get her shots. She weighed 10lbs and 2oz. She is 22 inches long. So, she's gained about 2lbs. and 2 inches. I think she's going to be a petite little thing!!

I had been dreading the appointment ever since I made it.... not because we are unhappy to see Dr. Patti--we love her :o), but because this appointment was SHOT DAY! YIKES!! The nurse that gave her the shots was very nice. She laid Zoe on the table (which she was just fine at this point) and held her legs close together..... and then WHAMMO! Zoe spit her paci out across the room so she could get her big scream out. then WHAMMO again.... and one more WHAMMO! As soon as the last shot was given, I scooped her up. She calmed down almost instantly and then went right to sleep. Of course the three shots only took like 30 seconds for her to get, but to me it seemed like much longer. I had tears in my eyes too!

What a day! Zoe wound falling asleep last night at 7:00. She awoke today at 5:30 burning up. Her temp was 101.0. That made me feel terrible. I gave her some Tylenol, fed her and rocked her back to sleep. She slept until 11:00! I mean really. That is A LOT of sleep. She wound up sleeping most of the day, of course she would wake up to eat..... but whew! I am just praying that she sleeps tonight. It's a little after 9:00 and she's already down for the night...... keep your fingers crossed and pray for her to get back to her wild self tomorrow!

Here is my sweet Zoe during one of her many naps today.

8 comments:

Meghan Humes said...

Poor Zoe!

Beth said...

Those first shots are no fun, for baby or mommy! It's gotten a little bit easier for Michael each time, so maybe Zoe will have that success too! Hope she slept and is feeling better today!!

About Me said...

I remember how terrible I felt when the kids got their first shots. I cried, too, so you're not alone there. One funny thing about Andrew's shots is that he, to this day, has a scar in each thigh from them. He had a funny site reaction I guess. My personal theory is that he's just never had hardly any body fat and so there was just no cushion for the injection. I hope Ms. Zoe is feeling much better today. And, I hope she slept last night!

Blessed said...

OH, Valerie, I feel for you. I was there just a few weeks ago. Colt had gained 2 lbs and 2 inches too! Funny! I teared up a bit too. Our stories sound exactly the same. Colt slept a TON the first day and throughout the next (Tylenol) but then didn't sleep but 4 hours (total) the next 2 days. It was WILD!!! I hope you are not going through that.

Lisa said...

Poor Zoe! Shots are no fun for babies or mommies. I hope she's feeling better today!

Terri said...

Shots are never any fun. The first time Allison had shots I took Kevin with me... it didn't help. It does get a little easier though. But boy am I thankful for immunizations though... I would hate for Allison to go through what Kevin and I are going through because of Puerta Vallarta.

Carla said...

Shots are never nice especially when they are being given to our little ones. I hope she is feeling better and i hope that both you and her were able to catch up on your rest.

Emma's Mommy said...

OUCH!!! I remember Emma getting her first shots. I think I cried more than she did. It does get somewhat easier, but I still don't like it. It is hard for us mommies to see their babies in pain. I hope that she has gotten back to her normal routine.