Last week Zoe had a runny nose, slight temp and was waking up in the night crying. I took her in and it was just a cold. Well..... the cold is about over and she is STILL not sleeping. She has always been an AWESOME nighttime sleeper--until now. For the past couple of weeks, she has been waking up in the night--more than once. At first I thought it was a growth spurt, then I thought it was b/c of the drainage from her cold, then I thought maybe she's teething.... now I'm thinking ear infection? or is it just a baby phase?
I don't want to be one of those moms who takes their kid to the doctor for EVERY little thing.... but I don't know what to do!
Any thoughts? HELP! I need nighttime sleep!!!!! --so does Zoe!
(attached is a pic of Zoe taking a daytime nap... no problems sleeping during the day :o))
1 comment:
For my girls, waking up multiple times in the middle of the night was a sure sign of being sick--not just a cold, but something really bothering them. Another sign of infection is green drainage--both from the nose and from the eyes. If you notice any goop that you have to wipe from Zoe's eyes--I would take her to the doctor to check her ears again and get an antibiotic. Teething can cause a fever and a runny nose--and Zoe's at the right age to be cutting teeth--but it should just be clear drainage. I would say anything that's not clear is probably from some kind of sickness or infection. If she's teething, she's probably really trying to chew on things more than usual, biting down really hard. Mommy's are usually right--whatever you think is wrong with her--is probably what's going on! :)
Post a Comment