Saturday, November 10, 2007

It's a Parade






Today Matt was driving Bowling Green's newest firetruck in the Veteran's Day Parade. Zoe, Grandpa, Grandma and I all went out to see Matt. As soon as we saw the beginning of the parade, Zoe grinned from ear to ear. It's like everyone was waving at her, which made her happy. (Zoe has just recently masterd waving while saying "hi" and "bye-bye").

When we saw the firetruck coming, we leaned out into the street. Matt's face lit up when he saw Zoe (and I'd like to think he was happy to see me too). She recognized the firetruck and Matt, of course. She began waving and saying da-da, da-da, da-da... She LOVES her daddy!

We had a great time seeing Matt in action! And the other parade participants too.....especially the high school bands! They sounded great.


*This is a special sidenote to praise my heroic firefighting husband. Matt loves his job and is proud to be a firefighter. Isn't it great that we have brave people to serve our city in this capacity? I respect him so much for the profession that he has chosen. He helps keep the people of our town safe. Thanks Matt!!

6 comments:

About Me said...

Yay for Matt and our other heros! This is so cute! Isn't it awesome when our babies become more aware of all things around them? It's so special to watch them grow and learn! I'll be home in 27 hours. Pray for safe travel, please. And, I have a little something for you, friend. Ya know, from one paradise-lover to another!

Michelle said...

So fun - I haven't been to a parade yet but I hope to catch a glimpse of Santa at the Christmas parade! MY Uncle Matt lets Paityn see the fire truck at his work so I plan to check one out soon! They look so BIG!
Love, Briley

Blessed said...

Great pics! She is so so cute!

Deaton, party of 5 said...

I LOVE THE PHOTO OF YOU AND ZOE--two beautiful ladies. What's happened to us, I feel like we've broken up or something??? We need to get together again soon =)!!!

Emma's Mommy said...

I just love it when the babies start to recognize their Daddy in a crowd. It is so sweet! AWESOME picture of you and Zoe!

Julie said...

Cute!!! Love the hat!