Thursday, January 10, 2008

Shout Out to BAC

Each year I make a resolution to be healthier ... meaning I want to exercise. Exercise is such a big part of Matt's life that I would really love to have the desire to exercise so I can share it with him. After having Zoe there doesn't seem to be much time for mommy and daddy so, I am hoping that this activity can bring us closer together... and make me/us healthier!
I got a three week pass to the new Bowling Green Athletic Club. After my three week pass expired, I decided to join. These are the things I like about it:
  1. It has a women's only center that obviously is open to women only. It includes treadmills, elliptical machines, spinning machines, women's free weights and weight machines, a room with mirrors to do exercises with mats, balls and steps, and lots of televisions!!
  2. There is a day care that only costs $2 per hour! Or you can buy a plan that includes child care by the month. But since Zoe only comes with me a few times, this was best for me. Child care is provided from 8:00-12:00, which is perfect for us.
  3. The price! I just signed up for a plan that is $25 a month. To me, that sounds like a pretty sweet deal. Of course with this plan you can only go at "off peak" times. Off peak refers to any time before 3:00 pm. I mean really, if I haven't gone before then, I won't be going!
  4. There is a movie theater cardio room that I am dying to try! It has all kinds of spinning bike machines and power movies playing!
  5. I guess the best reason for my BAC love is my dear sweet sis-in-law, Amy Kate! Amy Kate recently started working there, so I get to see her everyday.

BAC seems like a fun place. I have met a lot of fun people. Of course, I'm hoping that some of my blogging buddies will join so we can get healthier together!

http://www.bgathleticclub.com/home.html

7 comments:

Blessed said...

My mom joined. Yeah! Please encourage her when you see her! :) Sounds great! Wish there were a place like that nearby my house. Well, I mean, there are tons of gyms, but all so pricey and none with all those goodies. Does sound like a deal!

Julie said...

My sister goes to BAC like five days a week. She's lost 50lbs! She's running and taking some weight training class that she says is HARD!! I'm with Carrie...I wish I had one close to me!

Emma's Mommy said...

Way to go Valerie!!!!!

The Burton Family said...

Have fun keeping up with Matt. He's like Superman.

Carla said...

I wish that I had the energy and time to go to a gym. I could use. Sounds great.

Terri said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
About Me said...

Good for you!