"Oh, I want a new shirt to wear, Oh, I'd love a brand new this or a brand new that." This has been my attitude lately. Oh pa-lease! Isn't that pathetic! Just as I was realizing this about myself TONIGHT (while on the Intenet) and telling myself to quit acting that way, I heard a blip on tv about "these people of the Amazon have no idea."
I went into the den, to the tv and watched as these people of the Amazon really had no idea about America or all the 'things' we have here. They don't worry about having new clothes or new shoes or new cars or new homes... because they don't have ANYTHING! They have the jungle, a hut, bare feet, loincloths, fresh fruit from trees, fish in the river, family and happiness. They looked like such happy people. The reported noted that they took only the smallest amounts of things they really needed for survival and even shared those things.
Uhhh, Wow! Thank you God for that reminder. God has given me so much, I am blessed.
Just thought I'd share that, in case any of you needed a kick in the bootie too!
P.S. Where is the Amazon? South America? I've GOT to look that up. http://abcnews.go.com/Nightline/story?id=5850949&page=1
8 comments:
I think we all need that reminder from time to time. It is so easy to get caught up in the "stuff". Thanks for the reminder. :o)
when I saw your post title, I seriously thought you meant amazon.com! Guess my brain is in the same place yours is!!
I think the world would probably be a better place if we all lived like that and didn't rely on material things.
hey girl!!
we all need little reminders now and then.....good post!
we will be a the library tomorrow! hope to see you there! :-)
Thanks for the reminder. I've been there lately myself too.
i just got your message this afternoon! i wished i had seen it sooner......i hope you guys had a good time at the park. it was a BEAUTIFUL day! maybe we can join you next time!!! keep us in mind for the next play date!! :-)
I saw that and thought the same thing. No wonder we're friends! :-) Thanks for all your encouragement lately!
Love ya!
I saw this and thought amazon.com! lol! I totally get it and it amazes me the blessings I probably miss out on each day b/c I can get so consumed with the "newest" thing to have... Thanks for the encouragement!
Post a Comment