Sunday, September 28, 2008

Road Trip to Mem-mis

ZK and I headed to Mem-mis, as Zoe called it, to visit our friends Carrie and Colt. We had such a great time! Carrie and I made big plans that kept us BUSY the entire time. The babies behaved better than we could have ever expected. In fact, both nights we stayed Zoe and Colt were asleep by 8 or 9 AND slept all night! Woo-hoo! The kids had SO MUCH fun playing together and so did the mommies :o)

We were able to go to the Memphis Zoo, Paula Deen's Restaurant in Tunica, outlet mall shopping, Pottery Barn outlet shopping and Hope Market crafts fair.... whew, we did a lot in two days! And had lots of fun while doing it all!

Thanks Carrie and Colt (and Seth) for having us in your home. ZK and I had a terrific time! Loved the shopping!!!! We can't wait play together again when you visit Bowling Green in a few weeks. Enjoy the pics and videos!

(video clip: after about 3 hours on the road heading to Memphis)
Zoe and Colt getting ready for their big day of the Zoo, Paula Deen's Place and Outlet Mall Shopping!
Having fun at the zoo. Colt and Zoe loved it when we let them out of their strollers to get an upclose view of the animals. We were so surprised at how easily they got back into their strollers when it was time to see another exhibit. My favorite exhibits were the polar bears, monkeys and sea lions. ZK liked the monkeys. They were SO loud that day-it was funny.

Zoe and Colt couldn't take their eyes off of the sea lions. We were just in time to see a sea lion show! They loved it--and so did I.
Sleepy babies getting a diaper change in the back of the van before heading to Tunica, Mississippi for a late Paula Deen lunch.
In the parking lot of the zoo. Man, they were worn out! They both slept all the way to Tunica (about a 45 minute drive).
Colt and Zoe went running into the casino at Harrah's (which is where Paula Deen's restaurant is located). We were all stopped by the guard at the door. No kiddos are allowed in the casino. We weren't going to the casino, but in order to get to the restaurant, you must travel through a little part of it. Carrie and I had to show our ID before entering. The nice man really thought we were under age. We thought it was flattering.
Here we are after a very yummy and filling lunch. If you've never been to the buffet, you MUST make plans to go! It was awesome. In fact, I'm craving a cheese roll as we speak.
My favorite picture of the weekend. Zoe and Colt were rocking in one of the front porch chairs. Sweet babies! Really, they were this good the whole time! yay!
The Mommies
The Babies
Precious Zoe Kate
Precious Colt
Thanks again Portis family for sharing your weekend with us! See you soon.


5 comments:

Blessed said...

We LOVED having you here! We had an absolute BLAST!! I loved that you and Zoe love to be on the go just like we do. Colt is happiest when he is BUSY, so he was in heaven.

The weather was perfect, friends even better, and it was just fun. Come back sometime, OK!?

Oh, and I'm craving those cheese biscuits too. YUM!

Carol said...

Looks fun! What did you buy? :-)

Melissa said...

Looks like a lot of fun! Wish I were that brave to drive by myself, with kids, five hours away.

Becky Lollar said...

It was great seeing you at Hope Market!! Sorry I was so busy! How did the pic of us turn out? I want to see it! :)

Lydia & Riley Jane's Mom said...

great pictures of such sweet babies- I mean toddlers...they are getting so big and active. Fun times!!! (Ok, Carrie- Josh and I are going to come, promise!) So glad that you were able to do this Val- I know it must have been a blast!