We made it!!! Yahoo! 3 months old! As soon as Zoe turned three months old, it was like I had a completely different baby. She was not colicy anymore and she was a much happier baby in general! We've prayed that once Luke turned three months old his belly problems would be worked out AND that he'd start sleeping better. Thank you God for answering both of these prayers. Luke's belly is SO much better. No more grunting and groaning.... ever! AND, he even slept last night for 7 straight hours (I should note that he did have shots yesterday and I did give him Tylenol before bed.... so, is that sleep cheating? It totally wore off by midnight!) AND then went back to sleep after eating... get this IN HIS OWN CRIB! YAY! Usually after he wakes to eat, he will only go back to sleep if I'm laying down with him. But today was a different story! I'm so happy and hopeful that this pattern will continue. Sleeping 7 consecutive hours makes a MUCH MORE rested Mommy!
Although a preemie at birth and coming home at a little over 5 1/2 pounds, Little Luke isn't so little anymore. He weighed in at exactly 12 pounds! WHOA BABY! This is probably the reason my back has been killing me. Zoe weighed 12 1/2 pounds at 6 months old. So, I think Luke's gonna be a little bit bigger than Zoe ever will be-which is a good thing!
Luke has really been very SMILEY after his surgery! He is cooing and baby jabbering to us often-which I LOVE to hear and see. His head control is really improving. He was such a floppy baby for so long... you know, floppy neck and noodle legs. Now, he can hold his head up in his Bumbo seat AND he can bare weight down on his legs if you stand him up. He's really growing!!
We just LOVE having our Little Luke around the house. Zoe is such a great big sister. For us, this (so far) has been a great age difference between babies. Zoe is very verbal (as most of you know) and can express her needs and wants easily. She also tells me what is wrong with Luke, if he cries. It's so sweet.
Oh, and did I mention that this baby hardly ever cries?!?!?! That's right. With Zoe I was used to hearing her cry ALL THE TIME from birth to three months old. But, thankfully with Luke, we know that if he's crying... he needs something. I just love my little boy (and of course, my little girl too!)
Enjoy the pictures!!!!
Although a preemie at birth and coming home at a little over 5 1/2 pounds, Little Luke isn't so little anymore. He weighed in at exactly 12 pounds! WHOA BABY! This is probably the reason my back has been killing me. Zoe weighed 12 1/2 pounds at 6 months old. So, I think Luke's gonna be a little bit bigger than Zoe ever will be-which is a good thing!
Luke has really been very SMILEY after his surgery! He is cooing and baby jabbering to us often-which I LOVE to hear and see. His head control is really improving. He was such a floppy baby for so long... you know, floppy neck and noodle legs. Now, he can hold his head up in his Bumbo seat AND he can bare weight down on his legs if you stand him up. He's really growing!!
We just LOVE having our Little Luke around the house. Zoe is such a great big sister. For us, this (so far) has been a great age difference between babies. Zoe is very verbal (as most of you know) and can express her needs and wants easily. She also tells me what is wrong with Luke, if he cries. It's so sweet.
Oh, and did I mention that this baby hardly ever cries?!?!?! That's right. With Zoe I was used to hearing her cry ALL THE TIME from birth to three months old. But, thankfully with Luke, we know that if he's crying... he needs something. I just love my little boy (and of course, my little girl too!)
Enjoy the pictures!!!!

3 comments:
I think you are right! They really favor each other, but I do think he looks more like Matt. You make beautiful babies!
Hey girl,
Are you still a private blog? If so, how do you get it to update posts on other people's blogs?
Mine is saying I haven't updated, when I actually have...bummer.
I think Luke looks like Matt too! He's really growing!!!!
Post a Comment