Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Top of the Mornin' To Ya...

After visiting Ireland a few years ago, St. Patrick's Day has a new "fun-ness" about it! Ireland is a beautiful place! Matt and I talk about Ireland A.LOT. to this day. Enjoy my walk down memory lane! Click on the pictures to enlarge them.
NOTE: I CANNOT work with this crazy Blogger program tonight... UGH. These pictures ARE NOT in the order that I'd prefer. But, I'll try to caption each photo.--it's getting LATE.


Below: The RENTAL VAN. Yes, in Ireland you must drive on the 'wrong' side of the road. Day one-WRECK. Day three-WRECK. The dent in the back was Mike's damage on day one and the hatch wouldn't shut properly for the rest of the trip--it was funny. Matt's damage was the mirror. He hit a parked car... that was funny too. Good thing we got full coverage insurance!
"Drive it like you stole it" became our motto for the trip.

Below: St. Patrick's Cathedral in Dublin

Below: Kissing the Blarney Stone to receive the gift of "eloquence."

Below: The Cliffs of Moher in County Clare, Ireland (Matt's favorite part of the trip)


I have a buzzillion more pics that I could add. Pictures of all the castles we visited, the BeeHive Huts, Trinity College, Dublin pictures, Dingle pictures, Amy Kate volunteering for the whiskey taste test at the Guinness Distillery and me at the Waterford Crystal factory.... oh the pictures I have. Maybe next year I'll post those.

Happy St. Patty's Day!

2 comments:

Carol said...

I smiled when I saw the picture of the infamous van! The stories you told me about that vehicle still make me laugh!

Brittany said...

Hey girl,

www.miracleblanket.com

it is truly a miracle! i used it with layton too and at first i was skeptical -- but it is the best swaddle you'll ever find! :) your lukey bear is gonna love it!

i miss you and carol! we need to find a day to have a girls lunch or something when Carol has a break.