Saturday, June 12, 2010

Little Luke, You're 8 Months Old






Our little Luke turned 8 months old two weeks ago and we still can't believe it! I carried Luke for 36 weeks and one day. As I type this, Luke is 36 weeks and two days old.... so now, he's been on the "outside" longer than he was on the "inside." For some reason that milestone is really neat to me. It's so amazing how much babies grow and learn in just a short amount of time.
In the past two weeks, Luke has become much more ... umm.. well, older (for lack of a better word), I guess... meaning he now reaches and grabs anything and everything in his path. He says "hi" and "bye" while he waves to people in passing. He will usually wave when asked to do so. He
knows his name when it's called. Finally, he can roll over both ways effortlessly and can move around on the floor in a circle while on his belly. He can pull himself up to a standing position when holding someone's hands. Luke is acting like he wants to crawl-but is still a couple of weeks away from that I think. Little Luke LOVES to eat-you may have noticed. He loves to try little bites of anything we are eating and will eat any baby food (except green beans) that we give him. He is beginning to understand how to use a sippy cup, I think he just wants one because sister Zoe has one too. Luke is still a great nurser-nursing about 4 or 5 times a day. In the past month, Luke has been a better sleeper. Although he still wakes up through the night often, I love rocking him and nursing him.
Luke is the happiest baby I've ever seen! I just love the way he always smiles.. at.everything! He even raises up his shoulder sometimes when he grins, and it melts my heart.
We call Luke lots of nicknames, but for some reason, Lukey Bear seems to be the choice name. Wonder how he'll like that in about 10 years?? Zoe also calls him Little Buddy, Lukey, Lukers, and just plain old Luke. By the way, I love.love.love the way Zoe loves Luke. She is so good with him and mommy's him to death. I pray their love continues to grow through the years.
LOVE you Lukey Bear!! Happy 8 months old!



Oh yeah, for my own records.. I wanted to add that he was 26 inches and 19.8lbs at 8 months :o)

1 comment:

Julie said...

He's such a cutie!!!