Wednesday, April 4, 2012

God Leads Us

"Where is Zoe going to Kindergarten?" Seems to be the big question buzzing by me these days. Most always I'd reluctantly answer, "She's attending the school we are zoned to." Not that we are zoned to a bad school or anything (it actually has a great reputation!)... it just wasn't where I wanted to send her for kindergarten. I wanted her to go to a local private kindergarten, for lots of reasons. But, it's SO pricey and I'm not wanting to resume teaching quite yet. Matt felt the same way.  So, after many conversations and prayers, we've decided to send Zoe to private school for Kindergarten. Not fully knowing how we'd comfortably afford private school tuition, we sent in her application anyway. We just felt this STRONG pull go ahead with the enrollment process.
Well, you know, God has beautiful ways of shining lights toward the path one should take. I got a phone call from the school where I used to teach, offering me a maternity leave job teaching 8th grade language arts for the months of April and May. While I was still unsure if I wanted to do this because 1. What would I do with my kiddos all day everyday? 2. Would it really be worth my time?  3. Can I even teach 8th grade??? Yikes!
After thinking it over for a week or so and doing some research, I found out that I only need a babysitter like 8 days within the two months because of Matt's awesome work schedule. AND, they will pay me my teacher's salary starting on day 11 of consecutive substituting! HOORAY! I called and accepted!  (and as for the third question, Can I do this?? That is yet to be determined! HA!)
God provided a way for us to send Zoe to the school we think will be great for her and our family. Isn't He Good!... So so Good all the time!
Thank you, God, for allowing this season. A season for my kids to spend lots of time with their Daddy and, for me, an opportunity to feel professional!
I share all of this to say, Look for the Holy Spirit in your life! Take notice of God's work in your life! You will be blessed! God blesses me and my family everyday!

2 comments:

Deaton, party of 5 said...

That's wonderful Valerie. I'm glad your finding peace and provisions with yours (and Matt's decision) about kindergarten. These new transitions can be taxing on the ol' noggin. Glad you all found solace in the right place. Zoe will love her new school!

HEATHER said...

Valerie, Robbie and I have been through the same things with Cade's school and in the end have still decided to keep him in the private school. I also feel that if this is where he should be God will provide. School is different nowadays and we have to protect our little ones. I'm so happy everything worked out for ya'll:)