I'm pretty sure I don't even know where or how to start telling y'all about what a WONDERFUL daughter Zoe is, but I'm gonna try!
In
this moment of time, Zoe talks about going to Kindergarten, reading
books, playing outside, playing with Barbies and My Little Pony stuff,
watching movies like "Willie Wonka and the Chocolate Factory," nail
polish, funky braids in her hair, wearing dresses, eating vanilla bean
ice cream, wearing the van's seat belt instead of using her "baby
buckles," loves to exercise or at least the thought of exercise, loves
to paint and draw, play with her little friends, and basically is happy
all the time!
Zoe has learned to do so many things this past year!
From learning to swim under water, to turning cartwheels, to learning
to count past 100, to buckling her car seat belt all by herself, and she
can even to READ! (and, I'm talking like really reading!!!) She's the
smartest thing, I tell ya!
I have learned so much by watching my
sweet daughter. She is so kind, nurturing, considerate and polite. She
loves being a big sister to brother, Luke. She teaches him lots of
things and encourages him to try to do things on his own. He even calls
Zoe, "Mama Zoe," most days... And, she answers to that :) She is so
sweet to him. Teaching him all about her world and how to live in each
moment with her. It.is.precious!
Zoe is very obedient. She understands that she's supposed to listen and obey her Mommy and Daddy. Not that she follows the 'law of the land' 100% of the time, but it's very close to that! She wants to please us and wants to do good. We work on "doing things in love," as the Bible tells us to do.... she loves when scripture is involved!
Zoe LOVES going to church. She is at the most precious tender age when speaking to her about Jesus and church. Zoe gets very emotional when watching Bible story movies or listening to stories from the Bible. Recently, our Aunt Amanda introduced us the the "Seeds Family Worship" cds. OH MY! If you don't own the cds or have never heard of them, order now! (www.seedsfamilyworship.org) They will truly bless your life. Zoe and I really love to jam in the car or in the house to these scripture cds. Zoe (and the rest of us) have learned lots of scripture with these cds. My girls has a BIG heart for Jesus! I'm praying that she will continue this love as the Holy Spirit leads her in her life. She's got a lot of leadership qualities! Back to her loving church. Well, she wants to be there all the time. She loves Bible class and learning. She loves seeing her friends, and our preacher, Brother Mike. She loves the love of our church family. Isn't that awesome!?!
Zoe is still a pretty petite
thing, although now, she's on the growth chart up into the 10th
percentile. She's a big ole thing! Zoe is 41 1/2 inches tall (which is
super great for this summer when we go to Beech Bend! She's been wanting
to be 42 inches for a long time now so that she can ride the big
rides!!) Zoe weighs about 36 pounds! Huge, I tell ya, huge! (FYI, Luke
is about 32 pounds, ha!)
While Zoe has become more at ease when
trying new foods, she still prefers to eat what she knows and loves.
She's a butter/salt noodle head these days! That's what she loves to
eat..all.the.time. She also loves wheat and brown breads and rice.
Peanut butter is a definite staple for her too! She loves to eat
cantaloupe, her favorite fruit. But, she'll take apples, grapes,
strawberries too! Oh, and her absolute favorite standby, McDonald's
chicken nuggets. Seriously, what is it about that place that kids love??
I have been SO impressed with Zoe's gymnastic skills over the
past few months! I thought I'd show y'all her awesome running cartwheel
and one handed cartwheel. Yes, that's right. A ONE HANDED cartwheel!
She's got the gymnastics gene in her for sure!
P.S. When I asked Zoe to do her cartwheels on video for this blog entry, I didn't know readers (all 5 of you) would get to see her "Kids Bop" (I'm pretty sure she just made that up tonight) dance moves. Girl's got mad skills!
2 comments:
Happy 5th Birthday Zoe! Such a sweet little girl :)
Amazing cartwheels, amazing girl! Happy year 5, sweet Zoe.
Post a Comment