Friday, July 6, 2012

Happy Birthday America!

Zoe, Luke, Matt, and I have really enjoyed preparing for the Fourth this year!
Here's what we've done:
Found this lovely idea on the fabulous Pinterest! LOVE that site. I think it's funny that Zoe and Luke's feet are about the same size right now! The bottom row is Luke, the next row up is Zoe. Their hands are just about the same size too. Luke's are just a little bit chubbier :)  I've enjoyed having this over our fireplace. We had a fun time making this!!

I'm sure I didn't create this idea.. but, I can't seem to remember where I saw it. Anyway, these were yummy treats that Zoe and I made one day. We made them for Mike, Matt's dad, and took them to him after his surgery last week. Not only did these cookies look pretty, they were sure yummy!

A friend texted me a picture of her daughter's Fourth of July nails, so we decided to join the polish party! Zoe, wanted a pattern of red, white, blue. I settled for blue with "firework" sparkles. Didn't think I'd like it much, but... I really do!  And, please notice that I'm sitting in the recliner with my feet up. Ahhh, that doesn't happen much at all. How special!

Pipe Cleaner Fun. Seriously. Zoe and Luke love to play with pipe cleaners. Funny, right? Decided to we'd create a mini pipe cleaner flag to celebrate America. Definitely not awesome, but definitely fun! By the way, I do not know why this pic is side ways.








 Firecracker, Firecracker, Boom - Boom - Boom!

We enjoyed the July 4th festivities at Alvaton Church of Christ. Man, they really put on a GREAT GREAT community outreach with their Fourth festival! Wow! They had bouncers, pony rides, snow cones, food, desserts, ice cream, and FIREWORKS..... all for FREE! Isn't that awesome?! We love going for these things, but more than that we LOVE going to see so many friends. Such an awesome time of fellowship!!
Luke and Zoe. Oh my sweet children. They love to wear these gun protection ear muffs any chance they get. Neither Zoe nor Luke is keen on loud noises (especially Luke!) Soooo, we brought ear protection for the whole family. IT WAS REALLY LOUD.... because we like sitting close :) 



I know. I know. I know. This picture is terrible. But these are the only ones I took, so I'm posting it!


Happy Birthday America. We are so proud to be Americans.
God, please bless our nation with leaders who love you and desire your Word to be spread in our land! Amen.

1 comment:

Carla said...

I am sad that I missed you at the fireworks. Poor Luke and the noise:( I love all the Fourth of July fun stuff you and your kiddos did, especially the art work. Too cute!!!