Friday, September 5, 2008

1 and a half......

One and a half. Yep, you heard right. ZK is one and a half years old. For some reason, I thought when she turned 6 months old it was kind of neat that she had been with us for half of the year. For some reason, when ZK turned one year old it was fun to celebrate her first birthday. For some reason, it's REALLY sad to me that my baby is 18 months old. Wonder why?

I assume it's because she has done SO many new things in the past few weeks that it blows my mind when I think about it. I used to make a blog list of her new accomplishments at monthly birthdays, but I got out of the habbit. Carrie inspired me to share some fun facts about Miss Zoe Kate.

  • Zoe has been blessed with the "gift of gab".... we've tallied up more than 140 words or phrases that she can say. She talks ALL THE TIME! (and we love it!)
  • Zoe loves to dress up in my shoes and in her play high heels.
  • Zoe is a people-person. She loves to talk to anyone and everyone. I really like that about her personality.
  • Playing outside is her favorite thing to do! She loves to run around in the front yard, blow bubbles, call for our neighbor's dog Baxter, play in the hose and swing on the front porch.
  • ZK sleeps all night! She usually goes down a little after 8 and sleeps until somewhere between 7 and 8 the next morning! yay! She also takes one nap around 12 for about 1-2 hours. We have a great sleeper on our hands!
  • Her favorite show to watch is Wheel of Fortune (followed by Elmo)..... I'll post more about that later :o) She can actually "spin the wheel" if you ask her to do so. It's so funny.
  • ZK can name about three letters by looking at them.... J, O, and A (don't know why she loves those letters?)
  • She has 12 teeth and loves to show them off to most anyone that asks.
  • Zoe loves to recite the names of her friends when she's on the ba-da-bing (phone).
  • Zoe weighs almost 21 pounds and is 29 inches tall--big thing, isn't she.
  • If you are looking for her in the house, you will most likely find her in her room, sitting in her rocking chair, reading a book to herself. I'm trying to capture that on video, but she always sees me.
  • Finally, ZK laughs a lot everyday. We love our happy girl!

above: one year ago

below: today

9 comments:

LCP said...

Such a beautiful girl!! Just wait to see what 2yrs old brings. Blew my mind how much 6-months does for a girl!!

Happy 1.5 year b-day!!

Blessed said...

SO ADORABLE! I love the list. I am amazed at all she can do. I hope to see yall soon so I can see her talking! :)

Carol said...

What a sweetie pie! Miss you guys!

mommy of girls said...

Can't believe how much she's changed. She's a cute one. Happy 1/2 Birthday, Zoe Kate!

Anonymous said...

What a great blessing God has given you!

Tonya said...

Happy 1 1/2 birthday! Such a pretty girl, and smart too. You've got it all, girl!

Melissa D said...

She sure is a beautiful 18 month old!!!

Lydia & Riley Jane's Mom said...

How sweet!!! she is an amazing 18month old. We love her so much!

Julie said...

What a sweet post! Addison would LOVE to play with Zoe sometime!