Happy Anniversary to us! Saturday will be our 6th wedding anniversary. I am blessed to call Matt, my husband.
Enjoy a brief story of us.
Matt and I met officially the first week I moved to Bowling Green. I was 18, he 25. After meeting at the HFC house, we realized that we had met briefly once before. We remembered that while he was working at Castner's, he gave us (my mom and me) directions to WKU. I remembered thinking how cute he was. My mom and I were headed to take a tour of the campus. Some say small world, I say God.
After meeting, we began getting to know each other better as we attended lots of the same college functions (even though technically, he wasn't a student). Over time, we became an 'item.' We dated all through my college years and through my first year of teaching.
On August 28th (a Sunday night-sometime after 8:30), Matt called and asked me to come over to the house he had just bought. He was doing some major renovating and cleaning before moving in. Matt had gotten out a very tall ladder in order to reach the ceiling fan on the vaulted ceiling. He asked me to clean it. Reluctantly, I climbed the ladder, cleaning supplies in hand. Matt left the room while I scrubbed the fan. He came back in the den and told me that I had missed a spot. I turned to him, to ask where. When I looked down, he was on one knee. He asked, "So, are you ready to spend the rest your life with me?" My knees became weak and shakey (not good when your up on a ladder). I couldn't believe what I was hearing. I tried to get to the bottom of the ladder as quick as I could. Of course I shouted, "yes!"
We married six weeks and two days later on October 11th. A huge wedding with over 500 guests. I loved our wedding day and replay it often in my mind! After a honeymoon to Hawaii, we've lived happily ever after.
Really, we do have a happily ever after. It just keeps getting better and better.

10 comments:
Happy Anniversary Valerie & Matt!!
So Sweet! Happy Anniversary! Love the collage!
Congratulations!! I hope that it keeps getting better and better for the 2 of you! :o)
What a sweet story (and you make such a CUTE couple!!!) Congratulations and many more happy years! :)
Cute pics! Cute couple! Cute story! Happy Anniversary! :)
That is such a great story. I did come to your wedding. I will have to say it was pretty great. Congratulations on your anniversary and wishing you many more happy years to come.
You guys are so cute Valerie! I love the pictures! Have a wonderful day together! Btw, I love how he proposed! How sweet and creative of him! Go Matt!
beautiful story!!
May God continue to bless you guys with health, happiness and loads of love!!
Happy Anniversary!
Love the story! Happy Anniversary!
Happy Anniversary. Love the collage.
Post a Comment