On Thursday, I took Luke to see Dr. Patti because his little belly button cord thing hadn't fallen off yet. As she was looking at his belly button and listening to him breathe and checking him out..... she noticed that he has an umbilical hernia. Then after checking him out some more, she noticed that he has another hernia in his belly. I *think* it's an inguinal hernia. It's in the pelvic area on the right side just above his little leg. She said that it would indeed require a surgical repair.
At that moment, my heart felt so heavy and tears began to fall down my cheeks. Partly because at that moment I was pretty sleep deprived and because he's MY baby boy. Oh, how sad I felt.
Now, after a couple of days have passed (And because my ever so amazing pal, Tonya spent the night with me so I could sleep--THANK YOU TONYA!) I'm feeling MUCH better about things. As I've been able to step back away from the situation, I can see God working already!
Luke has been very gassy and fussy lately from such painful gas. Dr. Patti gave us a prescription for some drops that WORK great. He's only had them one night and it made all the difference in the world. So, we are thankful for that relief for baby Luke.
Now, we wait. We wait for the consult that will be with Dr. Morrow at Vanderbilt on December 8th (Does December 8th feel like forever away to you too?) TONS of people have recommended Dr. Morrow to us, so we are thankful that we got an appointment as soon as we did.
Please keep us in your prayers as Luke faces a little surgery. I believe that God will take care of him, I really do. But, I still worry and feel anxious and long for my baby to be okay.

6 comments:
Everything will be fine with Luke. I was SO nervous and upset about Jack's surgery, b/c well, he was MY baby! I can't say enough good things about the staff at Vandy's Children's Hospital. We'll keep thinking of you.
I know what you mean about Dec. 8th seeming like forever away!
He is just precious...and the pictures Melissa took are awesome. I love the announcement.I can't wait to experience this soon! Prayers for his surgery...he is just too sweet. How is big sis doing. I bet she just adores him!
Hey girl - sorry to hear that Mr. Luke has to have a surgery, but I must say that Vanderbilt Children's is so wonderful!!! Caleb had a surgery at 9 weeks old and they were so attentive and made sure we felt as comfortable with the process as possible. We'll be praying it all goes well!
Prayinig for you and sweet Luke. I can't wait to get my hands on him again...hopefully, soon! I am glad you got some much needed sleep and that Luke got some relief! XOXO
OH girl, I'm so sorry you're going through this! When you said your heart was heavy and you were sad, tears started rolling down my face! I know you must be so scared. I will pray for God to work through the doctor's hands as the surgery is performed. God will make Luke brand new again! :) Love you!
Bless his heart! One of my girlfriends has a son that had the same thing. He had his surgery, and everything was completely fine. I am saying a prayer for Baby Luke now, and I'll keep praying for him. :o)
Post a Comment